Register with us as a New Patient
How to register
We have an open list and welcome requests for registration from patients living in or moving to the practice area. New patients must live within our practice boundary to be able to register with us - we accept patients from Mile Oak, Portslade, Hangleton, Fishersgate and Southwick. Our Eastern boundary is the B2194 / Carlton Terrace and A2038, the Western boundary being Kingston Lane and Upper Kingston Lane. The Northern Boundary is the A27 bypass and the Southern boundary is the seafront. Type your post code above to see if you live within our registering boundary area.
Please contact the surgery by phone or in person to request a New Patient Registration form. This will need to be completed and returned in person with ID to verify your identity and address.
Out of Area
We are unable to accept patients who live outside this area. If in doubt, please check with Reception.
If you are living within our practice area please come into the reception area and ask for a registration pack alternatively you can download the necessary forms to register with the practice below. When registering we will also need you to bring along:
- Photographic proof of your ID, e.g. passport or driving licence
- A utility bill, bank statement or tenancy agreement with your name and current address
- If on long term medication, please could you bring along a copy of your last repeat prescription from your previous GP
An appointment for immediately necessary treatment is only available to people who have incurred an accident or medical emergency at any place in our practice area and who require GP services. If the resulting condition is potentially life threatening an ambulance should be called using the 999 service.
In addition, if you are away from your normal place of residence and are staying within our practice area for more than 24 hours and less than 3 months, you may also request an appointment.
Named GP for All Patients
All patients registered at the practice have a named doctor who has overall responsibility for your care and support. It is therefore preferable to contact the practice on the sessions this doctor is at work, however, you can choose to see another doctor at the surgery if you prefer.
The Named GP will:
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required under the contract with the practice are delivered to you.
- Where required, based on the professional judgement of the ‘named’ GP, work with relevant associated health and social care professionals to deliver a multidisciplinary care package that meets your needs.
- Ensure that your physical and psychological needs are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practice.
- Ensure that patients over 75 years of age have access to a health check if requested, which is already a requirement of the GP contract regulations.
The Practice will ensure that there is a named accountable GP assigned to each patient.
New patients will be allocated a GP at the time of registration.
Your named accountable GP will be the same as your USUAL GP however this does not affect your ability to see any GP of your choice.
Change of Personal Details
If you change your name, address or telephone number please remember to inform the surgery. You can use our online form below. Or this can be done by visiting the surgery where our reception team will be able to supply the correct forms.
More About Your NHS Number
Each NHS Number is a unique 10-digit number which is printed on your NHS medical card or will from now on be written on any communication you have had from the NHS.
Disabled Patient Facilities
Disabled patient facilities are also available at this practice. (Limited disabled parking spaces, ramp, use of practice wheelchair and disabled toilets).
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.